Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!



We hope that this message finds you and your family well and that you had a Christmas filled with many blessings. We also hope that you are having a fabulous new year thus far. As many people do this time of year, I have made several new years resolutions. I don't know that I really hold much stock in them since only 46% of people who make resolutions keep them after 6 months. None the less, I have made some new commitments for 2009. One of those decisions is to lead a more healthy lifestyle (notice I didn't say go on a diet). I bought the book "Eat this Not That for Families" and LOVED IT! I read it cover to cover on our road trip this past week. Part of the choice to have a healthy lifestyle was to not watch life go by while on the couch (which those of you that know me well is never really something I did anyway) but to get out there and experience what life has to offer. So, on the 31st our family headed out on a four day ski trip to W. Virginia! B figured out on the way there that it's been around 16 years since he's strapped on skis and around 12 years for me, yikes! We had a blast and I only had one goal...don't come home with any broken bones! I'm happy to report that we achieved our goal and the boys learned to ski at ski school and B and I had a few hours to take to the slopes. We really enjoyed our time playing in the snow and were glad to come back to the 60 degree weather. Check out the pictures of our trip by clicking the link "New Years Ski Trip" in the left had column under Photo Albums.




I've also placed a link for our 2008 Christmas pictures there as well if you have time to check them out. My mom and dad came for a visit and though they were here for a short amount of time we packed in as much as we could. Their trip started the moment they landed...their flight came in at 7 pm and our Christmas eve service started at the same time. We left our car at the airport for them and left directions to the church so they could meet us there. The fun didn't stop there, we then took them back to our home which they hadn't seen yet. Christmas day was loads of fun with LOTS of presents complete with a new wii for everyone to play with. The day after Christmas the guys had a "no girls aloud" day and went to see forts and battleships while the ladies took advantage of some after Christmas sales. We met for dinner and took mom out for her birthday (a little early) to the Japanese steak house and had a great meal. Their last day with us we set out to see a few light houses for a total of more than six hours driving time. It was a fun trip and like I said before, we covered a lot of groud in a short amount of time. Thanks for the visit nana and papa!

No comments: