Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reno is Underway! Step #2 Paint...EVERYTHING!


Due to time constraints, we decided to leave the wallpaper in the guest bath and master bath for now. Each of these rooms will have a major overhaul in the future so we plan to do all the demo at one time. With 90% of the wallpaper removed, we're ready to start priming and painting! We ventured to both of the major home improvement stores tonight and selected several samples of paint for the upstairs bedrooms along with a five gallon bucket of primer!

The kids and I have come to an agreement on room themes so now I need to set out to find a matching paint color.


C would like a science room so I'm looking for a clay or moon dust like color.


J, my surfer dude wants a surfer room so I'm looking for a light blue, ocean type color.


K loves her pink but I just can't get myself to put pink on the walls so I'm looking for a pretty pale green to go with her fusia, green and white quilt.


Our first home was painted two main colors. The living areas were one color and the bedrooms were another. This time we're venturing out just a bit and adding color to the rooms but still trying to keep them neutral enough to attract a buyer in the future.


Reno tip of the day: Instead of buying a gallon of a color you may not like, buy an 8oz. sample to try out before you make your final decision. Painting yourself is cheaper than hiring a pro but you certainly don't want to waste money on a color you don't like!

No comments: